This week, inspiration came from Leta, over at The Nerdy Me blog, while reading her ‘2016 in reflection’. In it, she explains how she keeps a jar on her desk and, through the year, fills it with things that make her happy and all the positives she lives on a daily basis.
Basically, I love this idea. However, I also know that the chances of me a) sticking to this and b) remembering to do it will be pretty slim pickings and in about 6 months the jar will be collecting dust on my dressing table – my bad.
This being said, I decided I’d write about it – I decided I needed to write about it. However, my first couple of drafts were just so… well… BORING. I quickly realised that it’s because the style of writing just wasn’t ‘me’. I needed something short, sweet and, well, to the point so I didn’t have a chance to waffle (like I’m doing now). Plus, I don’t actually do that many things to write about each week in a weekly round up!
So, a second burst of inspiration came from Hannah Gale and her HG weekly charts, and all the other bloggers I’ve read who do weekly lists as round ups. After reading them, I felt so much more motivated and the whole idea just seemed to ‘click!’.
So, ‘the weekly ins and outs’ was born. A way for me to report the ins and outs of the week, but in a less structured way.
IN this week:
- finally finding a planner for 2017. I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal or something to be all ‘this is SO positive’ but, seriously, you have no idea how many hours were spent perusing/ shouting at the internet trying to find one that had all the things I want. In the end I went for Emily Ley’s Simplified Planner. Keep your fingers crossed for me, guyz.
- Ed Sheeran. Need I say more? I’ve had the ‘Shape of You’ on repeat all weekend.
- timed plugs. The electric blanket has been my life saver, since we have no heating. However, it didn’t help take the harshness of the air in the mornings. That’s until my mum gave my a timer plug and, omg, it’s like all my birthdays have come at one. Best. Present. Ever. Given.
OUT this week:
- going back to work. the struggle of the 6.03am alarm was T-O-U-G-H. Not only that, I’m already missing the lazy attitude I could have over Christmas and not thinking or working every minute of the day.
- having no heating. Okay, okay, it’s our choice not to have the heating on in the flat, but they’re those stupid storage heaters and no-one likes the £400 unexpected bill that they create.
- Royal Mail. I might have FINALLY found a planner but the silly post man hasn’t delivered it yet. Apparently snail mail is the new way forward.
Thanks to the Chika’s for the inspiration – you total babes.
What’s on your list this week?